Creatuity VPSP to Serve on Inaugural Magento Association Task ForceWe’re very proud to announce that Creatuity’s Vice President of Special Projects, Jenna Warren, is among the first to serve on the new Magento Association’s Task Force. As a certified Certified Solution Specialist, Jenna has been working in the Magento ecosystem since its origins, while simultaneously playing an instrumental role in the founding of Creatuity, a Magento-exclusive agency. In addition to this tremendous accomplishment, Jenna will be presenting at the December eCommerce Meetup in Austin.
Austin eCommerce MeetupDrawing on her extensive background in business and ecommerce, Jenna will be representing Creatuity at the Austin eCommerce Meetup alongside ShipperHQ, Paypal, and Razoyo on Thursday, December 6th. Following a presentation by PayPal Evangelist Rob Long that will cover recent findings on the conversion gap between mobile and desktop visitors, Jenna and Jason Boslow from Razoyo will be concluding the conversation. These dialogues will provide an opportunity to gain insight on mobile conversion best practices in order to provide superior experiences for your current and potential clients.
If you’re a development agency, tech partner, merchant, store owner, or in any way involved in in the ecommerce landscape, this is an excellent occasion for introductory networking and growing your knowledge of this topic. The talks are to be accompanied by an open mic that will be available for questions and comments. After the event’s conclusion, more networking and food/beverage are being sponsored by PayPal.
Magento Association Task ForceAfter announcing its formation earlier this year at Imagine 2018, Magento provided more details about the emerging Magento Association, a self-sufficient non-profit group, at Magento Live EU in Barcelona in October. The organizations will be operating alongside the Meet Magento Association team and the global Magento community. The creation of the Association is being overseen by a community-sourced Task Force that includes Jenna, Guido Jansen (Randstad), Susan Peterson (Wagento), Brian Lange (Something Digital), Alessandro Ronchi (Bitbull), Danny Verkade (Cream), and Gabriel Guarino (Simplific).
The team members appointed to the Task Force possess a wide range of expertise and experience that have allowed for their success within the Magento community. Each of the individuals were found to have a rich history of engagement in the Magento ecosystem and an overarching dedication to elevating and encouraging others. This experienced team of seven will lead the Association; to aid in the management and vetting processes, Magento is utilizing the services of SmithBucklin, an organization management agency from Chicago, Illinois. The company has also been employed by other notable companies, like Oracle HCM User Group.
Before the close of 2018, the Task Force will have:
- Finalized the mission and vision for the new Association
- Collaborated and drafted the Association bylaws and articles of incorporation
- Established the strategic plan, as well as operating budget for 2019
- Reviewed nominations and interviewed the Magento Association Founding Board of Directors
The purpose of the group is to dictate a mission for the organization, financial strategies, culture statement, and to review candidates to serve on the first Magento Association Board of Directors. The mission statement created by the Task Force for the Association states: “The Magento Association advances and empowers its global community and commerce ecosystem through open collaboration, education, and thought leadership.” Selection criteria for the task force were sorted into two separate distinctions: 1) key characteristics, and 2) individual attributes.
Key characteristics include:
- Pre-existing relationship with Magento Corporation
- Well known and regarded within the community, and well versed in Magento advocacy
- Doers (quick, consensus orientation)
- Writers (proven communicators)
- Highly available (5 hour per week), starting end of August through end of 2018
- Fundamental diversity (representative of industries, regions, and job families)
- Service oriented
- Enabling others
- Consensus oriented
- Inclusive in nature
- Available to serve
According to Magento, the ideal Board of Directors candidate will:
- Maintain a strong commitment to the mission of the Association
- Embrace the culture of the Association and of the community as a whole
- Understand the long-term vision of the community and the Association
- Be trusted by the community and other board members
- Accept all opinions, backgrounds, and traditions
- Motivate volunteers and community members
- Have a strong record of participation within the Magento community
- Serve two to three-year terms (inaugural Board begins January 2019)
- No two employees of one organization can serve at the same time
- Board members can expect eight to 10 hours of monthly service (non-contiguous time)
- Board members can expect travel twice yearly (two to four days per trip)
You can read more about the formation of the Magento Association Task Force and selection criteria here.
View periodic updates on the accomplishments and progress of the Task Force and the Magento Association on the Magento forums.
Check out Creatuity’s official Magento Solution Partner Profile to learn more about our partnership with Magento. You can also view our specific certification holdings within the Magento Certification Directory.
For more information on Magento, an Adobe company, visit www.magento.com or follow Magento on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, or Facebook. If you’d like to know more about the specifications and prerequisites for each certification exam, visit https://u.magento.com/certification.
A Brief History of CreatuityFounded by Magento Master Joshua Warren in 2008, Creatuity is a Magento Enterprise Solution Partner headquartered in Richardson, Texas. As an international agency with offices in the U.S. and Europe, Creatuity has earned some of the most prestigious honors in the eCommerce technology industry. With almost thirty M2 Certified team members, Creatuity currently holds the most certifications of any Magento Enterprise partner in the world. As a global ecommerce agency, we specialize in Magento Commerce Cloud implementation, Magento Order Management integration and Magento 1 to Magento 2 migrations. As an agency, we’ve been the driving force behind several award-winning innovations like our omnichannel-aware, AI powered Chatbot and our contributions to the core code of Magento’s Instant Purchase functionality. For inquiries, contact one of our team members at (214) 810-5005 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All images belong to Magento or ShipperHQ